Congratulations! You’re recently engaged. Now you’re beginning the journey toward one of the biggest days of your life! Planning a wedding is exciting, but it’s also a detailed process demanding a lot of your time and attention. With that in mind, you might be wondering when to start planning. Let’s break it all down and develop a timeline.
Early Stages: 12–18 Months Before
This is the perfect time to start wedding planning. You won’t feel rushed as you have plenty of time to carefully make every decision. Here are the initial steps for planning your dream wedding.
- First, set a budget. Determine the amount of money you are willing to spend on your wedding to avoid financial stress later on.
- Choose the date and location for your wedding. As you’re looking at all the options, consider charming venues like Union Mills Public House. Here you can have an intimate ceremony and reception in a unique and gorgeous, historic property along Frederick’s Carroll Creek.
- Secure your venue and other necessary services as early as you can to ensure availability for your chosen date.
Mid-Stages: 6–12 Months Before
6–12 months before the big day, there are a myriad of details to take care of. Here are some important tasks you’ll need to take care of during this period:
- Decide on the guest list based on the size of the event you envision.
- Start selecting vendors such as a photographer, DJ, and caterer to ensure an organized wedding. At Union Mills Public House, we provide a preferred vendors list filled with trusted providers to take care of your wedding needs.
- Decide on the bridal party’s attire. While many brides have been dreaming about their dress for as long as they can remember, it’s important to also consider the groom’s tuxedo, bridesmaids’ outfits, and groomsmen’s clothing.
- Finally, don’t forget to think about how you will make that grand wedding day entrance. Do you want to rent a limousine? Or maybe you would prefer to have a horse-drawn carriage. Some couples opt for an all-out adventure and arrive by boat or helicopter.
Final Stages: 3–6 Months Before
As the big day draws near, several key tasks should be on your radar, including:
- Selecting and sending out invitations, setting the festivities’ tone
- Finalizing details with your venue and all of your vendors so everyone is aligned, to ensure your day unfolds as planned
- Addressing all legal requirements, such as marriage licenses. This is vital, as you can’t be legally married without meeting this requirement.
As you work your way through these final stages, remember that attention to these details will contribute to a smoother and more enjoyable celebration.
Last-Minute Details: 1–3 Months Before
As the anticipation builds, don’t let it distract you from those final tasks. Here are some important details you should take care of now:
- Finalize and confirm arrangements with vendors to ensure everything is in place for the big day.
- Ensure all advance payments have been submitted to avoid last-minute stress.
- Decide on seating arrangements to ensure your guests are sitting with others who share their interests
- Calm pre-wedding jitters by having a rehearsal a day or two before the ceremony.
- Consider having a special dinner for the wedding party and special guests following the rehearsal. If you’re looking for a unique venue for the rehearsal dinner, consider the versatility and ambiance of Union Mills Public House.
Taking care of these details will help ensure a smooth and enjoyable wedding day for everyone involved.
Phew! It’s a lot of hard work, but hopefully, these wedding planning tips will help you. Don’t forget to start early so you can enjoy your engagement. If you’re looking for the perfect venue offering a scenic view with an amazing ambiance, get in touch with Union Mills Public House today.