Love is in the air, and if you’re getting ready to say “I do” in 2024, you couldn’t have picked a better time. A brand new wave of wedding trends is arriving just in time for your big day!
In 2024, sustainability promises to take center stage. Couples are increasingly conscious of their environmental impact, and they want their wedding to be eco-friendly. Today couples can have every aspect of their celebration specifically designed to minimize waste and support ethical causes.
Expect to see beautiful decorations crafted from sustainable materials like recycled wood, biodegradable flowers, and reusable signage. Couples are selecting centerpieces that can be replanted or repurposed after the big day.
Wedding attire is going green, too! Many brides and grooms are using eco-friendly fabrics and sustainable fashion brands. Vintage and second-hand wedding gowns are gaining popularity, allowing brides to save money while helping the planet by reducing the demand for new clothing production.
Sustainable catering is making its mark with locally sourced, seasonal, and organic menus. Couples are also embracing plant-based and vegetarian options, reducing their carbon footprint while tantalizing their guests’ taste buds.
2024 is all about quality over quantity, and couples are likely to continue waving goodbye to the stress of large wedding parties and guest lists. Instead, couples will lean towards intimate gatherings with close family and friends, creating cherished memories and heartfelt experiences.
Honoring what truly matters to them, brides and grooms are welcoming the chance to focus on personalizing every detail of their wedding. Handwritten vows, specifically tailored ceremonies, and personalized favors make every moment special and unforgettable.
Bold Color Palettes
Wedding colors are often one of the first choices a bride and groom will make, and gone are the days of pastel greens and soft pinks. Instead, couples are selecting bright, bolder hues. They’re embracing bold purples, deep blues, bright reds, shimmering golds, and sparkling silvers. No color is too big if it makes the wedding couple happy. So, if you’re getting ready to walk down the aisle, feel free to go with whatever colors pull your heartstrings. Don’t be afraid to be bold and have fun!
“Build Your Own” Stations
One of the new ways couples are making their wedding special and unique is by having “Build Your Own” food stations. This is a fun way to keep the celebration in constant motion. Popular stations include:
- Charcuterie: Here guests will have a variety of meats, cheeses, spreads, rolls, and breads so they can design their own sandwiches.
- Seafood Station: Here guests can sample shellfish including crab, shrimp, scallops, mussels, and oysters. Some may even come complete with crabcakes.
- Pretzel Station: Imagine hard pretzels and soft pretzels; some are coated with salt, while others are bathed in butter, cinnamon, and sugar. Chocolate pretzels, caramel pretzels, and traditional wheat pretzels can all be found here. Your guests won’t want to miss all the toppings. In addition to standard yellow mustard, everyone will find something to try; from cheddar cheese, white queso, to spinach and artichoke dip, the choices will be endless.
- Tater Tot/Fry Station: Everybody loves tater tots. What could be more fun than having a tater tot table decked out with every kind of sauce you could ever dream of: Parmesan cheese, ranch, cheddar cheese and bacon bits, sweet and sour sauce, and the list goes on. This station could also serve French fries. For those with a sweet tooth, how about brown sugar and maple syrup or snack-sized, deep-fried funnel cakes, dusted with powdered sugar?
- Taco Bar: Guests will love being able to stuff tacos with all of their favorite ingredients.
- Dessert Station: In addition to the formal wedding cake, today’s couples are opting to have additional sweets and treats. Imagine a table with cupcakes, cookies, and a build-your-own sundae bar.
By offering so many different choices, couples are making sure nobody leaves their celebration hungry.
Weddings are continuing to embrace technology like never before. With live streaming, virtual guests, and augmented or virtual reality elements, couples are designing weddings with limitless creativity, connecting with loved ones across the globe, and ensuring no one misses out on witnessing their special day. In the weeks leading up to the big day, couples can even use apps to keep everyone up-to-date regarding the planning details including venues, food, lodging for out of town guests, and even the wedding gift registry. Finally, many couples use an online guestbook where everyone can share their love for the couple as well as their memories of the wedding day.
As you plan your wedding for 2024, consider embracing these exciting new trends. Sustainable celebrations, intimate gatherings, tech-enhanced moments, and personalized touches will make your wedding a truly unforgettable and meaningful experience. So, get ready to say “I do” to the future of weddings!
If you’re excited about these trends and want help planning your 2024 wedding, don’t hesitate to reach out to us!